martes, 15 de noviembre de 2022

DEMO: THE VAMP, RUMPLE & PORTOFINO

THE VAMP, RUMPLE & PORTOFINO (DEMO)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/yiawc3
Not Real Cover

Here is a disc with covers and demos for The Vamp, Rumple and Portofino. I must thank barnabeee for this disc and for giving me the go-ahead to share it. 

Tracks 1-6 are devoted to The Vamp. Those tracks are all covers. The second track is from Unsung Musicals. The last four are from the cast recording of Taking a Chance on Love. I'm sure that many of you already have those tracks. Track 7-16 are songs from Rumple. Those tracks all seem to be covers. Tracks 17-25 are songs from Portofino. All but the last are from a demo. At the bottom of this post is a track list.

I got my info identifying the singers for most of the tracks from Darrel Karl's great site, Keeping Score (http://keepingscore.x10.mx/). I am slightly uncertain that I have listed the right singers on tracks 13 (Dickie Valentine) and 16 (Tommy Leonetti). It may be that those should be reversed. To hedge my bets, I wrote "Possibly" before the names on those tracks. Below the download link, I have some links to audios on youtube if anyone wants to weigh in on the question of the identities of the singers on tracks 13 and 16. 

I am also very slightly uncertain about tracks 9 and 15 since I could find nothing by China Lee online. But it does sound to me like it's Carmen McRae on track 9, and I don't think that she's the singer on track 15. I'm not that well acquainted with her as a singer, although after listening to some recordings of hers on youtube, I think that perhaps I should become better acquainted with her. If anyone thinks I'm wrong about Carmen and China, let me know.

I'm also unsure about the titles on tracks 23 and 24. Keeping Score is the only place where I've seen titles more specific than "Instrumental" for those tracks, but there was no definitive way for me to be sure which title belonged to which track so I've taken my best guess. 

ItTakesAllKinds

Tracks:
01 I've Always Loved You (The Vamp)   Terri Stevens with Joe Reisman and his orchestra and saxophone solo by Bobby Dukoff
02 Ragtime Romeo (The Vamp)   Liz Larsen; Tom Fay (musical director)
03 Keep Your Nose to the Grindstone (The Vamp)   Terry Burrell, Jerry Dixon, Donna English, Eddie Korbich; Jeffrey R. Smith (musical director)
04 Four Little Misfits (The Vamp)   Terry Burrell, Jerry Dixon, Donna English, Eddie Korbich; Jeffrey R. Smith (musical director)
05 Have You Met Delilah (The Vamp)   Jerry Dixon, Eddie Korbich; Jeffrey R. Smith (musical director)
06 I'm Everybody's Baby (The Vamp)   Terry Burrell, Jerry Dixon, Eddie Korbich; Jeffrey R. Smith (musical director)
07 In Times Like These (Rumple)   Sylvia Syms with chorus and orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
08 How Do You Say Goodbye (Rumple)   Al Alberts and The Four Aces with orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
09 Coax Me (Rumple)   Carmen McRae with orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
10 The First Time I Spoke of You (Rumple)   Richard Hayes with chorus and orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
11 Red Letter Day (Rumple)   Richard Hayes with chorus and orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
12 All Dressed Up and No Place to Go (Rumple)   Sammy Davis, Jr., with orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
13 In Times Like These (Rumple)   Possibly Dickie Valentine with orchestra conducted by Johnny Arthey
14 Wish (Rumple)   Al Hibler with orchestra conducted by Jack Pleis
15 Coax Me (Rumple)   China Lee with orchestra conducted by Dick Hazard
16 In Times Like These (Rumple)   Possibly Tommy Leonetti with orchestra conducted by Marion Evans
17 Too Little Time for Love — Kitty's version (Portofino)   Portia Nelson
18 A Dream for Angela (Portofino)   Portia Nelson
19 Too Little Time for Love — Angela's version (Portofino)   Portia Nelson
20 Those Days (Portofino)   Portia Nelson
21 I Need a Love (Portofino)   Portia Nelson
22 Kitty Car Ballet (Portofino)   Instrumental
23 (Possibly) Underscoring for Love Scenes Between Cyprienne and Logan (Portofino)   Instrumental
24 (Possibly) Kitty's Theme (Portofino)   Instrumental
25 Portofino (Portofino)    Ken Loring with Louis Bellson's Orchestra

Many thanks to BERNABEEE and ITTAKESALLKINDS for this recording!


1 comentario:

AF dijo...

Thank you for your work!

MUY IMPORTANTE, VERY IMPORTANT (LEER - READ)

Por favor, recuerden que los mensajes y comentarios  anónimos no se publican ni son leídos.  Al pedir un álbum, AGRADEZCA LUEGO DE RECIBIRL...